Saturday, September 09, 2006

Swap Questions and Answers

Kathleen-

Two posts today! This one is the answers to the questions for my pal in the Spinning Roving Swap that I signed up for. So here they are. Another post later today!



1)How long have you been spinning?

Only since July, but I'm totally addicted.

2)Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?

I'm a beginner, though I create consistent thin singles. I don't have experience with tons of different kinds of fiber.

3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?

Only a wheel.

4)What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?

I just this morning bought an Ashford Traveller wheel, and I am totally in love. It should arrive Friday.

5)What type of fibers have you spun with before?

A variety of small amounts from my spinning teacher (different kinds of wool, tencel, cotton, camel)

6)What fibers do you prefer to spin with?

I still prefer longer staple wools, though I'd like to experiment with silk blended with wool!

7)What fibers do you dislike?

I'm allergic to Mohair, and I'm not interested in spinning cotton at this point.

8)Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?

I like both, but I think I'd like colors for this swap!

9)Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?

Several types would be great, though I would love it if you could tell me what they are and where you got them from so that I could track down more if I fall in love with one!

10) What are you favorite colors?

Blues, purples and greens.

11) What colors do you dislike?

Oranges and yellows.

12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)

I'm excited about making a hat or perhaps mittens.

13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?

None till me wheel arrives, though I just bought a pound of Blue Faced Leicaster and a pound of corriodale, as well as a pound of purple superwash wool for socks.

14) Do you have a wishlist?

On Amazon? No. For fiber? I'd love some multicolored fleece, and I'd love to try Cormo....

15) What are your other favorite hobbies?

Knitting, Reading, politics (also my profession)

16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)?

Cigarette smoke and mohair.

17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?

USPS please. UPS and Fedex can't get into my building!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting. Now I have direction! :) -Your pal