Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So Much Yarn

Hi Flan,

Your credit card was not the only one to slip into the swiper. There is such an influx of yarn I don't know what to do. I have 16 beautiful skeins of artyarn destined for MN, but why stop there. I got two skeins of artyarn for myself. Then The Mommy's credit card slipped, and it managed to ring up two balls of Fixation, one of Sockatta (she thinks the colors look like Crayolas), three of Debbie Bliss' Alpaca Silk (like knitting the clouds of heaven! Don't look at the price too hard, just go out and buy any and all. The siren song of the angels. Seriously.) Additionally, an Addi and the Holy Grail of Sock Books (Sensational Knitted Socks). Yesterday, being Knit Night, was another den of temptation for my credit card. It couldn't help itself (new Lorna's Laces- not even out of the box). The Dad's scarf needed a third ball of the Alpaca Silk (so much for calcuating yardage) and then I decided I could make socks for me. The happy sherbert wool had to come home.
Now that the dreaming about sock yarn has started I think we all need some time apart. Btw: wasn't there a thing in knitty about doing toe up socks? Someone came up with a new way to do it and I can't find it again. Maybe it wasn't knitty but someone else entirely.
Oh for it to be Friday.

No comments: