Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dyeing Yarn?

Kathleen-
Hooray for Gracie! Y'all are crazy with the Master Knitting. I think I'll be busy enough with my new wheel...at least for a while.

What do you think about dyeing your overabundance of alpaca a different color once you finish The Wedding Throw?

I'm honestly stalking my spinning wheel through its UPS tracking number. It's supposed to arrive at my office (UPS won't deliver to my apartment) on Friday, so we'll see how good my concentration is for the rest of Friday!

Also, the crazy sock knitting method freaks me out. I think I'll stick with my dpn for socks...I knit fast on them and they don't bother me, so I see no reason to change for now, though I see the appeal of avoiding second sock syndrome.

Almost no knitting to report this week...too many events and busyness, though I did sort through my stash to prep for the arrival of both my spinning wheel and the Artyarns, and I have a bit too much yarn. No more yarn buying until I get some stuff done! I'm also not going to buy more fiber for spinning until I spin up at least 1 of my 3 lbs of fiber!

We'll see how long this fiber diet lasts....I have high hopes. I'm also considering dyeing some of the fiber I currently have. I'm debating between dyeing it as roving and dyeing it as yarn, and I think I'm leaning towards dyeing it as yarn since I'm not trying to get variegated. We'll see how inspired I get.

We're off to take a walk in the Minnehaha Falls Park and enjoy the reasonable weather... naturally I'm bringing my knitting!
~Flan

No comments: