Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Introductions

Hey Flan,
I would like you to meet Gracie. Gracie is one of the Knit Night girls, was checking out our blog and was admiring your new spinning wheel. She thinks you should not only come down to visit, and bring the wheel while you're at it. I think it's a great idea (at least the visiting part). She mentioned something mysterious about spindles. Gracie's just nuts-o enough that she is thinking about doing the Master's Program as well. We'll be Master's Knitty Buddies. (Aww)
I broke down and ordered an entire bag of Blue Sky Alpaca to finish The Wedding Throw. My (shaky) calculations say I will need 4.167 balls to finish the damn thing. Short of calling every single store listed on the blue sky website, I called The Yarn Cafe (yarn + coffe/ wine= so good). They didn't have any and I didn't have any patience to call the mean MN store. So now I'm getting 10 balls and only need 4. At least I like alpaca. Too bad it's an oatmealy sand color. The color's great for the throw, it's just not my total cup of tea. Want some yarn?
Hope post-event recovery is going well.

No comments: