Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fantastic Mail Day!

Kathleen-
Yesterday is what one would call a fantastic mail day! My wheel was scheduled for delivery today, and I'm still not sure how UPS managed it, but yesterday afternoon they showed up at my office with my wheel (right box and everything)! You can imagine how hard it was to work for the rest of the day!

As soon as work was over, I ran home to drop stuff off before going to dinner at Mike's. At my apartment door at home was another package, this one from you! Hooray!



Blogger isn't cooperating with the pictures, so I'll add the pictures in later today...

After dinner I rushed home, ripped open the packages, and was filled with fibery goodness! Artyarns! (So soft and squishy, so much potential!) West Wing Season Six! Cascade Fixation! I was overwhelmed!


Sorry about all the glare in this one, I didn't want to take it out of the plastic yet!

I sat on my floor, and carefully took out each and every piece of my wheel, to make sure it was all there. Amazingly, it was in perfect shape, and really didn't need sanding. So after conversations with Detta and my dad, I've decided to stain it with Watco Danish Oil in the cherry color. IF it isn't raining after work tonight (and that's a big if right now), I'm going to take it over to Josh's house (he has a protected back yard) to do the staining. If it rains, I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow night. Then I have to wait 24 hours before I can assemble it. Can you stand the suspense? Me either.....


Here's a cheating shot of the inside of the box.

On my way to work this morning I was crossing the bridge by my house, and a giant bald eagle swooped down right over me, literally just 6 feet from my car. Once I got over the fright, it was really cool! I had to call Mike and tell him about it, so we chatted as we both drove. He's on his way to Kansas for the weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to spin and watch WW Season 6. I can't wait.

Good luck with the rest of your day, I'm off to prepare for meetings. More pictures tomorrow, hopefully of staining going on!
~Flan

No comments: