Monday, September 25, 2006

Market Haul

Kathleen-
So I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday innocently intending to buy only apples and some fresh herbs for the roast I'm making today. I swore after last weekend that I was done preserving stuff, no more jam or jelly or pickles (this is after 8 batches of jam, 1 of jelly, and 3 of pickles this summer).

This is what I came home with:


That would be (clockwise, starting from top left): A bag of honeycrisp seconds for applesauce, dill, sage, rosemary, and chives, a flat of concord grapes, canning jars (not from the market), a small bag of prairie spy apples, which are amazing, plum tomatoes for tomato sauce, and apackage of brats.

Oops. So yesterday I made another batch of grape jelly, and some tomato sauce. This morning I put a orast with most of the herbs in to slow cook all day. Applesauce tonight or tomorrow.

Despite all that, I still spun more...I just don't have pictures because the light was crappy by the time I was done. So pictures of that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Bonus picture: on my way home yesterday, I saw this guy in my rear view mirror. Can you see? He has a mohawk attached to his motorcycle helmet! (Bad pictures courtesy of taking them in my side mirror while sitting at a red light!)


~Flan

No comments: