Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Swatching

Kathleen-
Not a whole lot of progress to report on the knitting so far, though I have been swatching for the vest, and doing quite a bit of the dreaded math trying to make it work. I think I'm on the right track, but hard to know till I actually cast on!

The Twins game Friday was boring and sad for 7 innings, really exciting for one, and then very disappointing at the end. It was very very loud for that last inning though, I swear the Dome was shaking.

On the other hand, I've taken lots of pictures of pretty fall leaves. I spent much of Sunday outside. First we went to watch the Twin Cities Marathon, of which I have no pictures except this shot from the bridge:



Then I spent the afternoon watching Mike's Ultimate Frisbee game, but most of my pictures look like this:


The only ones that came out clearly look like this:



In the midst of the game, I had to call around to find out whether the Twins had won and the Tigers had lost (the only way that the Twins could have won the division), and sure enough, they did it! So literally in the middle of the ultimate game we started shouting the news...quite a bit of cheering ensued.

There's also been a lot done on my secret project, of which I can show you a sneak peek:



There was also some spinning, but I'm trying to spin plies for sock yarn, which are quite fine, so it takes a long time to fill a bobbin, so I have no progress to show....

It's Week 1 of 2 of a couple of really busy weeks at work, so I'm not sure how much progress I'll be making on anything this week! Then again, I can't imagine life is ever going to calm down much until after the elections.

No comments: