Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Amen!

Hey Flan,
Yup, Stephanie's right. People (mostly women people) often demure and dismiss their extraordinary efforts. Mere mortals do not attempt to conquer such feats, so why do we make it seem less than miracles? Knitting/ Life- one in the same. It would be unsettling, to say the least, if your neurosurgeon said, "oh it's nothing really". It should be equally as unsettling when knitters do it.

I'm making progress on The Aunty's socks. I'm much happier now that everything is just trotting along. I was going to make completely vanilla socks. But now I'm thinking about possibly putting one tiny cable up each side of the leg. Any thoughts?

The Hubby saw a customer wearing a hat at work. He liked this hat and has decided it might be fun to have one. He has made a sketch of the hat. The man's insane. It will also have to wait whilst I try and slog through a few more miles of ribbing.

In the spirit of full disclosure.... I might have possibly purchased yarn last night. In the fabulous One Skein book there's an adorable little clutch. I had been thinking that it would be nice to have a small winter purse. In my moving mode I think I got rid of my last one. And it only takes one skein! That yarn is now being held hostage and I can have it when I actually manage to finish something.

Proposed Menu:
  • Spiced Apple Cider
  • Spinach Salad with Granny Smith Apple, Cheddar Cheese, Toasted Walnuts with a Maple Dressing
  • Portobello Mushroom Soup with Sherry and Thyme
  • Seared Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Chutney
  • Balsamic Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables
  • Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust
  • Gingerbread with Cardamom Whipped Cream

Can you tell Thanksgiving is coming? I think this year we should have a week-long feast extravaganza. We have the obligatory familial dinner on Thursday (to which I asked to bring dessert and the Matriarch said I was planning too many) but I think Friday might be a good day to have a second Thanksgiving. You & your cutie are welcome.

No comments: