Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long Overdue Sockapaloooza Post

Kathleen-
This is an incredibly overdue post about the socks I got for sockapaloooza in May. You may remember the timing. I was super stressed from our big event, I had family in town, you had just moved to Alabama(!!), and I was way behind on my socks for my pal.

And what should appear on my doorstep but a package with socks! At the time I had no camera and it was hot here, and wool socks were the last thing on my mind, so I carefully filed them away in my drawer for when winter came. Living in Minnesota, I knew it was only a matter of time.

This morning as I was getting dressed, my feet were freezing and I thought about needing nice warm socks. I opened my drawer, and out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the beautiful hand knit pair sent by Dene! On my feet they went, and I'm in heaven! They're warm and soft, and every time I stand up, I'm reminded of how happy my feet are. Also, I think she chose the most perfect possible color for me, don't you?


Please forgive the blinding whiteness of my legs, I have "sensitive alabaster skin", and I live in Minnesota! Also, I was doing the photos with a flash this morning since it was still dark(!!) when I was getting dressed.


Here's how they look with my trusty Dansko clogs, which is how I'm wearing them right now. (OK, with jeans too, but then you couldn't see the sock very well!)

So a huge and very belated thank you to Dene! I love my socks!

No new progress pictures of my own knitting, sadly. I spun for two hours yesterday, but there are no new pictures of that either. I'm trying to free up some bobbins so that when my package from the Spinning Roving Swap arrives, I'll be able to take full advantage.

We got free theater tickets for tonight, and I'm taking my current sock in progress, so hopefully I'll have knitting of my own to show for it.

No comments: