Thursday, December 21, 2006

You Rock!

Kathleen-
Yesterday was a really good mail day! And you totally rock!

I have always wanted a ball winder, so when I opened the package last night, it took all my restraint not to immediately set it up and wind every hank of yarn in sight! I managed to put it back in its box, and put it on the shelf. I'm continuing to ignore the siren song of the ballwinder, for the shawl is still not done.

(Mike also loves his shirt, and it makes me laugh)

I've given up on the idea of being able to block the shawl here. So knitting will be happening on the plane to AZ on Saturday. Incidentally, my plane leaves at the ungodly hour of 7am. I don't even want to think about what time that means I need to leave for the airport. However, an early morning flight guarantees that I will be drinking lots of caffeine, so I ought to be able to knit, right?!

I'm more than halfway through the border (hooray!), and then of course there's the edging. I still have hope though.

Tonight I'll be continuing to studiously ignore the ballwinder, as I pack (must decided what other knitting projects to take!), do dishes, and get my apartment into a reasonable shape such that I can leave for more than a week.

Next post: the other thing that made yesterday a great mail day!

No comments: