Saturday, November 03, 2007

Gorgeous Fall Weather

Kathleen-
Today is a gorgeous Minnesota Fall day. Fall has been a bit strange this year, but the tree in our backyard has been changing:

as has the ivy on the back of the house.

In celebration of the weather, Mike and I headed to the Como Zoo and Conservatory, where we enjoyed a picnic lunch from Nelson's (YUMM) and visited the animals. Since you moved away, they've opened a really cool rain forest exhibit with tropical plants, birds, snakes, and a sloth. I spotted him just as we were about to leave:
and then he woke up:
Then we had to visit the big cats (some of my favorite exhibits). There were mountain lions, tigers, lions, and leopards. The only pictures that turned out were of the lions:

and the tiger:

And as promised, I have actual knitting progress. I've worked some on Henry:

and a closeup shot of the texture on the front:
and the back:
and then I've been diligent about knitting on the socks for Grandpa. Here's my problem. The knit night ladies were adamant about the brown as the best choice for the contrast toes and heels. At the time I agreed....but now that I've knit a few inches, I'm not so sure.
What do you think? I'm considering a different blue/green shade...

No comments: