Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Medium!

I'm decided my feet are medium, considering the men we've knit socks for.

I wear a size 9.5/10 in womens, or a 41 European. That makes my feet a whopping 10+ inches long (just about 10.25). Like I said, big feet. I also have really high arches, so when I knit socks for myself, I need a stretchy pattern so that it fits around my foot and over my heel.

By the way, Sensational Knitted Socks has a really cool set of charts of different sizes of shoe and what length and circumference of sock is appropriate. I haven't yet made it through the whole book, but it looks pretty good as a primer for different kinds of socks.

Craziness prevailed in Minnesota politics yesterday, so I must confess that I haven't touched my knitting in two days. However I have a work related meeting tonight that I might be able to knit through, so there is hope!
~Flan

No comments: