Monday, July 17, 2006

Inadvertant Stash Building

Kathleen-
You know how Stephanie talks about tripping in the yarn store and her credit card magically getting swiped? That's kind of how I'm feeling about this week. I went to the yarn store on Friday, as you know, to get more Trekking XXL and some Cascade Fixation. This of course, is after signing up for spinning lessons. Then I went BACK to the yarn store on Sunday in order to buy more Fixation (SO fun for socks! I love it), and some NatureSpun. Now go ahead and ask why I'm buying wool when it's 100 outside. Remember those Manly Mitts I made for my Olympic Knitting? A friend who saw me knit those in the bars a great deal has asked for a pair. And what knitter could resist a sincere request for warm mittens in Minnesota?

Yeah. I had to go see the colors to consider for his mittens. And then I tripped and my credit card was out, and now I own more yarn.

I turned the heel on my first Broadripple sock last night, so on down the foot I go.
~Flan

No comments: