Saturday, July 22, 2006

I made yarn!

Kathleen-
This is so cool. I made yarn. Now it is the ugliest yarn in the history of the world, but it's yarn and I made it! It's lumpy and half falling apart and scratchy and all, but it's mine!

So this spinning thing is very addictive. So addictive that I can't wait to go back tomorrow and make more.

You know what the only problem is with the spinning though? I don't have a spinning wheel. You know, with knitting, you need needles and yarn. It's pretty cheap. Spinning not so much. Today I learned to spin on a wheel (badly). Wheels are expensive. I'm hoping to learn how to hand spindle tomorrow, because hand spindles don't cost nearly as much, and would be a good way to get started before I commit to buying.

I'm off to dream about spinning.....
~Flan

No comments: