Friday, July 21, 2006

FiberCrafting

Kathleen-
I hope your quilting lessons were successful. I'm getting excited about my spinning lessons this weekend- if for no other reason than to find out if it's really a craft I want to pursue. After all, it will take away time from the beloved knitting. In preparation, I've borrowed every library book in the system that involves spinning.

I avoid elevators as much as possible these days, and certainly at all political events. It turned out that I could knit at my meeting Tuesday night, so I indulged myself and finished the gusset decreases on the sock. Since then, almost nothing. It hasn't been a good week for knitting progress thus far, we'll see if that changes tonight. We're going to Happy Hour with a bunch of that older group we used to potluck with. After that, my plans were for a quiet night at home with my knitting and maybe a movie.

I can't watch the lovely Project Runway for I don't have cable, though I've been invited to join a Project Runway watching group, and I may try and make it next week. I have been catching up on Grey's Anatomy, which I didn't start watching at the beginning, so I try and catch a rerun I haven't seen when I can. It's a little disjointed, so the story lines are somewhat warped....but still fun. It's certainly no West Wing, but it's my current tv fix.

No comments: