Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th!

Kathleen-
Ok so I'm slightly late on that front, but yesterday was busy!

Your baby dress problem sounds like the sadly typical Debbie Bliss pattern problems- truly tragic since she often has some of the best looking designs. My mother swore off any additional Debbie Bliss knitting after the last baby shower she knit for.

Speaking of baby knitting, the new Knitty is up! And it has the most adorable spring/summer baby booties. Have you seen Tulip Toes?

I think they're perfect for babies!

The 4th was a nice 4 day weekend for me. We dogsat till Monday, which meant less knitting than usual because I was distracted by the dog. I did get to the bind off row on the never ending sheepy baby blanket yesterday at a 4th of July party, but had to lay it aside till I could concentrate enough to bind off loosely. As a result, I picked back up my long neglected project from last summer, the wonderful Eris, which now only lacks one sleeve and one sleeve cuff, and I'm once again loving the pattern.

We went to the Minneapolis fireworks show last night and inadvertently ended up with a spectacular spot to watch! I love fireworks shows, and hadn't seen a decent one in nearly 10 years (now there's a scary thought) because of working for the NPS and the various droughts. So a good time was had by all!
~Flan

No comments: