Thursday, January 18, 2007

No Fingers

Hi Flan,
Thanks for your encouragement into Library Science. I'm not sure after all those years of amusement at the expense of the Katies I could become one. Besides, UNC has the #1 program in the US, PLUS you have family in NC, PLUS it's not MN, SO... You and Mikey should move there! It's a good idea. And warmer too.

As far as the packing goes, I would encourage you to convert to paper plates and plastic utensils for the last couple of weeks. I know it runs counter to all the eco-friendly, pro-recycling tendencies, but the horrors of Moving trump all.

The Baby Blanket is finished! I don't remember if I mentioned it, but it is done done done done DONE. I'm so relieved. I'm going to try and resist starting another for hopefully at least a month or so.

I admit to having caved to the yarn sirens. Yesterday, with full knowledge of the things on the needles, I started these. All the ladies here had been getting a little gaga over these little fingerless cuties and I am happy to say I have joined in their infatuation. I had a skein of the called for Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. After slogging through The Baby Blanket of 1/2 cotton 1/2 acrylic (I know, I know, acrylic is the devil, but I really love this yarn) it was such a delightful relief to knit the divine combo of merino and cashmere. I am currently making a pair for The Hubby's cousin in black. They fit nicely and are surprisingly warm. How do I know they fit well? Because after one afternoon of knitting the pair was almost complete. Instant gratification. The infatuation with the first pair is such that I have three other pairs planned; one with a leftover ball of Calmer, one with a single skein of Karabella (a yarn I've never gotten to use and am thus excited to experiment with) and possibly another out of Cashmerino. I might even keep a pair for myself.

Happy Packing.

No comments: