Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ack!

Kathleen-
You have just made my brain explode with your Christmas knitting. I am pleased that you've recognized the limits of the speed knitting, especially when combined with the unpredictable shipping times from Elann.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I used Joselyn's Fiber Farm yarn for my mom's shawl, I believe the weight was Angel Hair, and I knit it on size 8 needles. The knitting fine yarn on large needles does take a while to get used to, but the results are completely worth it.

Actually, knitting the "normal" sized yarn on my size 8 needles is feeling kind of funny in comparison. It is nice how fast the fabric grows with the larger yarn though!

I'm going to try to make it back to Tuesday Knit Night at Borealis tonight, so expect more progress! I've started a new work schedule, so I'll be off work at 4:30, and be able to go home and pack a few boxes before the knitting starts. So I've made a deal with myself. I get to go to Knit Night if I accomplish at least one of the following actions:
1. Wash two loads of dishes so they can be packed or
2. Pack 3 apple box sized boxes or
3. Sort two boxes from the downstairs storage unit.

I'm optimistic, and with any luck they'll even be pictures of the progress tomorrow!

No comments: