Thursday night I knit through an episode of West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, another West Wing episode, and the local news, and finally cast off the last stitches of my mom's shawl at about 10:45 in the midst of watching Jay Leno. And then I had this:
This morning I decided to do the blocking of the shawl. You may recall that he red dye hadn't fully exhausted from the yarn, and my hands kept coming up red after knitting. So I knew there were going to be multiple rinses. This was at the beginning of the first rinse:
Seven or eight rinses later, the water was rinsing a very faint pink (as opposed to blood res the first time). I decided I was done. I very gently lifted it out, wrapped it in a towel and stood on it to get water out, and flopped it on the futon- also known as my improvised blocking surface.
More than an hour of pinning and re-pinning later, I had this:
And a closeup of the point:
Next post: pictures of the shawl once unpinned. I can't wait.