Monday, March 05, 2007

Sunny Monday

Hi Flan,
M said that your dad's surgery went well. I'm hoping it did.

This weekend was one of those happy little weekends where not a lot gets done and that's ok. Gracie and I got our hair cut Friday. I now have a shoulder length bob. I think it's cute. I also purchased tires for the car. There should be greater payoff when you shell out that kind of money. Saturday was The Sister's 21st Birthday! Belated Happy Bday shout out to her. I called her on the special day and went to the yarn store to fulfill her request for more fingerless gloves.

I am now up to my elbows (figuratively) with the little cabled buggers. So far, there is yarn for 2 pairs out of combed cotton (periwinkle and raspberry), one out of chocolate cashmerino and one out of olive Aurora 8. I've decided to do one cotton pair, then one wool pair, one cotton, one wool. Hopefully, I will be done before it warms up so much they are of no use. Not likely, but a nice thought. One unexpected thing, the raspberry cotton is rubbing off on my needles, turning them a subtle shade of pink. I have to say I kind of like it.

A totally random note: Elizabeth Hurley got married last weekend. That, in and of itself, is not really newsworthy, however, she got married at Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe England. On our European adventure 13 years ago my family stayed on a cottage on the grounds of Sudeley Castle. Apparently, what is good enough for us is also good enough for the face of Estee Lauder. Always nice to know.

No comments: