Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Perfect Afternoon

Hey Flan,

So today we had a thunderstorm. Not all that unusual really, seeing as it's monsoon season. Typically, every afternoon there will be a brief but serious thunderstorm. It happened last year but hasn't really this year. You sort of get used to unplugging all electronics before going to work, should the storm hit while you are away. It hit today and apparently ripped the roof off a Wal-Mart and flooded it's parking lot and the cars parked therein. Just goes to show you that you probably shouldn't be shopping at Wal-Mart.

The roof in our room started leaking and the power went out for awhile at work, but other than that we were fine. My co-worker and I watched the storm out the windows and chatted. The surprising byproduct of thunderstorms is that they make me really super hungry. Not hungry for just anything, but for carbs and fried food. Really, really hungry.

On the way home I stopped by the new, locally owned market/ deli and got myself some pulled pork, whipped potatoes and macaroni and cheese and they even added a corn muffin for good measure. I was so excited I had a few bites in the parking lot and it was all amazing. Trying to be considerate to the other drivers on the road, I restrained from eating anything besides the corn muffin on the trip home.

Once home I was relieved to find that, although we had lost power, it had returned quickly and I was able to eat my delicious carb laden feast while watching my mysteries on DVD and while wearing old stretchy sweatpants and one of The Hubby's t-shirts.

I followed all the eating with some very restorative knitting, then a nice cup of tea and a snickerdoodle I made yesterday.

It was a pretty perfect afternoon and I hope yours was just as nice.

No comments: