Sunday, August 20, 2006

On Your Mark...

Hi Flan,
You sound exhausted -in that undoubtedly looking totally gorgeous and rested kind of way. I read Rachael's post right before yours and was going to tell you about it. Funny. I would like to point out that it would take considerably more than 3 hours to drive to MOMA from here, so that option is kind of out for me. I'm hoping the major portion of the Xmas mania subsides soon. On the other hand, I did find the first ever sweater I started end of junior year ('03?) and realized that it only needs one sleeve and a sleeve cuff. What a perfect giftie for The Brother... Am trying to resist... On the other hand, I could just put it back into the closet.
Tomorrow is The First Day. The Hubby's first day of school (starting before Labor Day is just plain WRONG) and my first day of work! WOOHOO! Work! A hopefully enjoyable place that gets to occupy my day and regularly give me money. Ahhh. I remember that. Sadly, not everything gets itself ready for The First Day, so I am mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, doing laundry, recleaning the house, filling up the car (really should have it washed), going to the ATM, baking a pie (yes, really), cleaning out the terrifying fridge, then recleaning the house. I swear the house has a conspiracy to condemn me to a life of cleaning.
Apparently TV and The Wedding Throw don't mix. I thought I was making careless mistakes while at Knit Night, and would discover them sad amounts of rows later and have to rip out. I thought I would sequester myself and work on it while the delightful Inspector Lynley worked out his mysteries. Not so much. I not only found a mistake I have to rip back, but I managed to make this mistake a truly dismal number of rows ago. Usually I find them sooner. Stupid British mysteries. Stupid DVDs with no commercials so I pay attention the whole time. Arg.
Hope this week goes well & you get some rest.

No comments: