Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Developments

Hi Flan,
What a hops- fuled testosterone weekend! Mine didn't have nearly so much heat or beer. The cat came to live Saturday night. We quickly discovered that she wasn't happy unless being simultaneously held, petted and stared at. If you didn't look at her whilst holding and petting she wasn't happy. She would also stand at your feet and cry. And, much like a baby, she had to be fed every 1.5-2.5 hours. So much work. And she's so little! Only six weeks old and she was the runt, so itsy bitsy. I hit the point yesterday. When I got a cat I expected to have a cat; furry, slightly aloof and a bit disdainful. That is what I expected. I've had three cats in my life and they all fit that bill. This cat was more of a human infant rather than a cat. We returned her to her original home earlier today. I think she missed being around other cats. I wanted to have use of both my hands for most of the hours of the day. I tried to be a good steward of the kitten, but am no longer under that responsibility. She was a sweet cat and is much happier now. Here is my question: The cat came with a million fleas and thus flea eggs. I spent hours with a teeny tiny flea comb trying to get the damn things off her. The cat was in my office, and thus the flea eggs are now in my office. There are definite eggs in the vacuum chamber after having cleaned up the office. So, are fleas at all related to the evil m*ths? If I move the yarn in could they cause distruction?

Now you're on the phone, but this is a long post, so I'm posting it anyway.

No comments: