Thursday, August 16, 2007

Brain Disconnected

Hey Flan,

I don't know if it's the heat or too little caffiene or too much, or working too much or what, but I am pretty sure that my brain has come disconnected from the rest of me. It started a couple of days ago at Knit Night. I decided to work on The Hubby's Sweater. This is my first major EZ project, and I thought it had been going alright. The sleeves and body went fine and I thought I was doing alright with understanding the instructions.

Apparently not.

It seems the sleeve/ body raglan shaping is not at all going according to picture. You're supposed to decrease so there is a diagonal line from underarm toward collarbone. At some point you work back and forth on each edge, creating a straight line along both sides of the top of the shoulder.

Um...

Yeah, the decrease line mine is making is, well, straight. Not diagonal. I am perplexed by this and have started searching the internet as well as re-reading Kw/oT for an eleventy-billionth time to try and figure out what on earth is going on. To top it all off, these rows are about eleventy-billion stitches long. They are the entire sleeves, PLUS the entire body. The Hubby likes his sweaters a bit loose and he has some mighty fine shoulders, but that all translates to a 48in chested sweater. A 48 in sweater means eleventy-billion stitches when all are combined and the prospect of having to rip makes me want to rock back and forth and chant "happy place, happy place".

I'm contemplating checking out every single Knit Fix type book from the library and try and figure out a way to make it all better w/o having to rip back to where they were connected. Fingers crossed.

No comments: