Monday, June 05, 2006

Ode to Air Conditioning

Hi Flan-
I hope y'all got beck from the wedding alright. Our house has air conditioning that works! It hasn't up until this point and I think we might actually sleep in our own house tonight! It's the little things that matter.
I am taking the plundge and have decided to design my very own piece of knitware. (It's probably only me, but does anyone else hear the Jaws theme song starting??) The Wedding Throw just needed it's own pattern. I couldn't find one that I liked. The thought came to me whilst browsing Mason-Dixon and had a jolt of inspiration while looking at their gorgeous knit curtain. While sitting there I realized that I do, in fact, know how to make an intentional hole in my knitting and thus could create the pattern that I want. Sad that it was such a small revelation, but an exciting one nonetheless. I spent yesterday with a calculator, paper, ruler and a very good eraser. I think this might actually work. Fingers (and sticks) crossed!

No comments: