Sunday, September 30, 2007

(Partial) Victory!

Hey Flan,

Thanks for the voicemails and a big Welcome to the World to Harmony, new little baby of E&H!

I was at the store doing the regular food haul and was looking at appropriate cards to send. The Brother and SIL's anniversary is next week (already?? So hard to believe) and cards were needed for them as well as E&H. My search for a card that does not make me want to vomit continues. I hated nearly every single one. All too syrupy and disgusting and if anyone actually felt the sentiments expressed that's just- well I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not good.

Turns out if you get up at 6:30 on a Sunday you can get a whole bunch of stuff done by noon. Sadly, not everything because some stores don't open until eleven and I was there at 10:02 so will have to go back, but whatever.

Yesterday I started The Knitting for Flannery. It's going very well and today I bought buttons but could not find bias cut silk ribbon, so am going to have to search somewhere else. And that's all I'm telling you.

Off to conquer another part of the house. Man it's nice to have a day when you feel like you actually accomplish something (even if the feeling is merely in your head). And yes, I may have had come coffee today.

No comments: