Monday, September 17, 2007

Catch Up

Hey Flan,

So much has happened in the last week and I have been putting off blogging until photos were available, but once again, Mr. Nikon and I are disagreeing. First it was over a lack of battery life, then over missing connector bits and currently over the fact that we're using a new computer and The Hubby hasn't loaded in the proper software. All the photo gods conspiring against me- or something like that.

Last Friday was the LAST DAY of the crappy job!! As of Saturday I was FT at the happy job and have only the one job instead of the two. Since I've worked every Saturday since mid June, it didn't seem all that celebratory, but today I didn't have to be at work until NINE am, and that felt very luxurious. Not only did I sleep in (a tiny bit), but I made dinner and did a load of laundry all before getting ready for work. The Hubby says that I'm the only person he knows that takes advantage of having a later start time not by sleeping in but by doing stuff.

THE MS3 IS DONE!! It was finished last Monday and blocked Tuesday. I took out the pins Thursday and am estatic. I am going to take some pictures before I send it off to The Grandma on Wednesday. The whole post lace blocking thing is a miracle- plain and simple. It's one of those theoretical things until you do it and it works and it's magic.

The Hubby's sweater is almost done! It needs an hour or so and the damn thing will be finished! I wasn't sure it would work out, but EZ triumphed. She's so neat. Her recipes sort of have to be taken on faith, but when you do, the outcome is really rewarding.

As a reward for all this finishing, what better to do than start something?? I had some yarn from the delightful Borealis that I have been hoarding for years. I finally found the perfect pattern and a shrug for me is underway.

I swear there will be photos. Honest. But now I get to go to bed instead of fuss with the computer. Hope your job is going swimmingly.

No comments: