Saturday, June 30, 2007

Recombobulated

Hey Flan,

For some reason last week was especially crazy and, although the weekend will probably be just as nutty, at least I don't have to go to work. The Hubby and I actually took ourselves out on a date last night and had a fabulous time. Sometimes I forget how much fun I have spending time with my husband and it's always nice to be reminded.

How is your mystery stole coming? I gave myself a certain number of rows for "homework" each day. I think I got to row 34 or so yesterday and am very excited about today's section. While I was working on it I was thinking about what on earth I'm going to do when it's done. Then I remembered that The Mommy's Mom is having her 90th birthday in September. (She's the one that doesn't want to get older than 80, so we've had her 80th birthday every year since.) I probably won't be able to go, but I could send her a hug in the form of a knitted stole. She probably won't wear it, but I think she'd like to have it.

I've also been working on a baby blanket. It's sage green and turning out just fine if I do say so myself. I happened to have it at work yesterday and was showing it to my co-workers. One of them loved it. The other one thinks I'm even more nuts than she did before. She first asked me what on earth that thing was, and when I said it was a baby blanket she flat out disagreed. It wasn't in the proper colors- blue, pink or anything found in rainbow sherbet. I tried to tell her that the expectant mother is a hippy chick that wants browns and greens. My co-worker just doesn't agree and claimed that the future child will be quite upset when they grow up to find out that their mother didn't give them only baby blankets in "proper colors". Somehow I think this future child will be a bit more grounded that than, but you never know, I might be the subject of future therapy sessions as the woman who knit the wrong color of blanket.

Gracie and I are headed to the Farmer's Market this morning. Last we we each bought watermelons and had to schlep them a very long way back to the car. Maybe this week we'll stick with lettuce and other light things.

P.S. (Two hours later) The Mystery Stole and I are currently not speaking. I knit a row and thought I had was one short, but re-counted and thought I was ok, until I knit the next row and still was one short. I then TINKED back to the "lifeline" (what a joke) where I left off last night and SOMEHOW I have one too many! We're on an official time out and I think this is knitting that must be done in tranquil silence, only punctuated by my murmuring, "knit 3, yarn over, k2tog..." and rocking.

No comments: