Thursday, April 03, 2008

Random Thursday

Hey Flan,

Sorry for being incommunicado. Things are moving along but at no notable pace.
Tuesday, I received an email from WEBS saying that they just happened to be havin' an anniversary sale that they wanted to let me know about - just in case I'd like to stop by and browse a little- but no pressure. So after Knit Night I plunked myself down in front of the computer and just kept clicking. What'dya know but there was $100 of yarn (worth far far more than $100 but it was just such a fabulous sale). I managed to dial it down to $80 and as soon as my feverish tracking on the UPS website pays off we'll have photos. I remember purchasing yarn for 3 projects, but who knows about what will actually show up.
Tuesday was also delivery day from our group knitpicks order. I ordered yarn to make this:

I ordered a cotton linen combo in "key lime" which is sort of a spring green. I'm thinking of making it in the smallest length so that it isn't too long for my very short self.

HOWEVER... once I pulled out IK and rediscovered this photo:


I have plans to make it but with 3/4 length sleeves.

Today it was 78* which is apparently above the magic number at work so the air conditioner came on. Welcome to the frigid South. I think there is definitely a need for several cardigans to be added to my work wardrobe so layering can commence.

I decided (as always) that I absolutely must finish something before starting anything new and with all this new yarn around, Startitis is coming on strong. I am almost halfway through the second sleeve for the CPH and then the only thing is the hood. I have 4 weeks before The Sister will be here to receive it.

Enough with the blather. I'm headed off to watch some TV, eat some raw cookie dough and try to get more than 3 hours of sleep. Have a good weekend.

No comments: