Monday, March 24, 2008

Spinning, not Knitting.

Kathleen-
I'm way behind on the ABC along. I'll be catching up in the next week or so, but for now, there is spinning progress.

Ever since I was freed from the crazy work hours, I've been wanting to spin. And more, I wanted to spin something kind of special and different. So I pulled out some sliver I bought at the yarn store in Jasper this summer. It's from Fleece Artist, and I think the color is Polar Sea. I split the fiber in half lengthwise, and spun it onto two bobbins over the past few days:



Bobbin 1:

Bobbin 2:
I'm hoping for sock yarn, but it may be a bit too fine and end up as laceweight. But I love it.

So far the best thing about this week? I get to go to Knit Night tomorrow after missing it for weeks because of work. I can't wait!

No comments: