Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year New Yarn

Hey Flan,

I hope you're having a good New Year's so far.

With the New Year came new yarn. One of The Brother's friend and his wife are having another baby and The Mommy asked me to make a baby blanket. I had just received the notice from WEBS that they just happened to be having their sale and there just happened to be some beautiful DB cotton angora and some also delightful Rowan Cashsoft DK on crazy crazy sale. I had been planning on using my beloved Rowan Calmer, however for the price of one blanket's worth of Calmer I could get both of the above.

The box of yarn arrived yesterday and I'm so very happy. I think I'm going to use this pattern from Rowan for the DB. However, instead of making 20 separate squares and then sew them all together I'm going to just knit it in one piece.

I am beyond ready to cast on and get started. However, with the New Year has also come new resolutions- well really just a dusting off of former ones. I have one project that has been slogging along on the needles for a very long time and if I focus I could actually get it done- shocking. If I don't then I have a feeling it will get shoved to the black hole of the knitting basket never to be heard from again.

So, for now at least, I am holding my own yarn hostage. There will be no casting on for the beautiful baby blanket until the current WIP gets finished. Years ago this is the only way I worked. I worked on one and only one project at a time. It worked for awhile but quickly went by the wayside the more obsessed I became with knitting. Startitis is making my hands itch to begin and we'll see how long my resolve lasts.

Hope you have a good weekend.

No comments: