Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Embossed Leaves

Kathleen-
I somehow managed to knit an entire pair of socks with no blogging about them? Enter the Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave Knit's Favorite Socks book.


I think these may be my fastest socks to date: I started them on December 23rd, and finished the knitting on Jan 13th (grafting the 2nd toe took until the 14th). Even so, that's 3 weeks, start to finish.


I knit them in my beloved Dream in Color Smooshy in the color Visual Purple. This second picture is more accurate to color. I'm wearing them today, and they are comfortable and surprisingly warm for lace.

I knit these on size 3 needles (actually one needle, a 12" Addi Turbo that I found in a Southern MN LYS in my travels this fall), and though I've never used the super small circ method before, I have to admit I liked it. However, I think the Smooshy would have benefited from a smaller needle size...maybe the 1.5 I used on Grandpa's Socks.

So now the question is: what to take to Knit Night?

No comments: