Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Success!

So I finally got everything to work, though I started this post about 4 hours ago, so we'll see how this goes. I found the most delightful needles today! Addi Turbo makes a "naturale" line w/ wooden tips! They were discovered at yarn store #5 (yarn store #6 chooses not to be open on Mondays and Tuesdays, it might have to wait until the trip at Christmas). The Grandma was in the Mini watching the world go by as I ran around. The needles are the perfect combo, a marriage of my love of wooden needles with the happy connect-y bits of the AddiTurbos. Naturally, the gauge is off.
I'm starting my first ever Dale o' Norway patterns. I decided to start with the blanket of the blanket and sweater combo. I have smaller sized needles, but, naturally, they are in MN where I am not. So this afternoon I got to help The Mommy mark where her pants need to be shortened and had to do math so I would have proper gauge. It's a beautiful spring green border on a pink blanket and the sweater will be green and pink stripes. My first ever picot edge. Somehow this seems like a milestone. Enough rambling for now. Hope things are going well. Thanks for making sure The Hubby hasn't starved- yet.

No comments: