Sunday, April 23, 2006

Actual Knitting Content!

Kathleen is off in Washington state doing family stuff, so I'll continue the posting with actual knitting content.

I went to the fanciest of our local yarn stores for their annual inventory sale today- 20% off everything, selected yarn 30% off.... and was totally disappointed. The store has a record of pretty uneven service to start with, but they are the granddaddy of yarn stores here. Sadly, their markup on yarns is huge, and they have one clerk who honestly hates cotton more than anyone I've ever met and strongly discourages anyone from buying any cotton yarn. I had picked out a lovely shade of yarn to make my very own Gigi, and got so much fuss from her about how heavy it was going to be and how it was a waste that I put all that yarn back and walked out. It takes A LOT for me to walk out of a yarn store. So congratulations to the yarn store clerk for losing a nice large sale. I think I'll be off to one of the more friendly LYS after my big work event in May to celebrate.

In other news, I'm turning the heel on the 2nd Jaywalker for Sockapalooza, and beginning to worry about the deadline. A huge work event on May 3 is eating my life, and I'm not sure I'll finish, though I'm trying my absolute hardest. We shall see.

No comments: