Wednesday, February 20, 2008

(In)Voluntary Transitions

Hey Flan,

I hope your mountain of work isn't too daunting.

This week seems to be an unexpected week of transitions and it's only Wednesday.
Yarn related transitions all translating into me having nothing to knit:
  • I finished a Baby Surprise Jacket. Although I'm excited about the finsihed part it turned out to be very very "Granola Crunchy" and not at all "JCrew". Unfortunately, the people that were going to be the recipients are so much more the JCrew set than the GC, so that won't work.
  • I got out The Mommy's Sweater from last Christmas and thought about ripping and beginning again, but haven't actually made it that far.
  • I noticed that my most beloved felted slippers that I adore have actually been used enough as to have a hole! I've never worn out a piece of knitwear before and am both happy and sad by my discovery. Undaunted, I took myself over to knitpicks where they were having a delightful sale and purchased some yarn for a replacement project. Of course it isn't here yet.
  • I went so far as to email The Sister to tell her I'm going to knit her a sweater for her birthday and would she please choose a pattern so that I could get started- and hopefully finished- in the next 9 weeks.
  • Wanting to have something to knit I unearthed the Baby Bootie Book and some Rowan Cotton Glace. I can concentrate enough at lunch to work on the itty bitty booties and finished one yesterday. It's adorable but they really don't take very long so it's more of a stop gap measure than an actual project.

Life related transitions:

  • The Hubby will (hopefully) be finished with his last final NINE weeks from TODAY! With the newly minted diploma he will be able to get a "real" job, we will be able to move from Lower Alabama and all will be well.
  • However, we found out Monday night that the owner of the house we're renting is now wanting to sell. We would have 60 days from whenever it is sold and the house across the street took a good few months to sell. We do want to move from this house, but being the control freak that I am, I wanted to do it according to my timeline.I'm trying to be grateful for motivational factors of all types and to remember that we were homeless once before in Alabama and it turned out ok.

Off to clean the house so it isn't completely frightening when the real estate agent comes by later today. I was trying to figure out what to do with all the yarn. The Mommy suggested I hide it in the dryer.

No comments: