Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Birthday Month!

Hey Flan (who is probably knee deep in committee),

Happy Birthday to The Sister!!! My one and only darling sister is celebrating her birthday today. Well, we're all celebrating, just not all together. Her plans for the day, 1: do not go to work, 2: go to the spa, 3: buy shoes. I've taught her well.

Here's a picture of my lovely sister. (If my future BIL is reading- this is NOT her W dress, which is, as we have explained ad nauseum, bright purple with feathers)It's been awhile since I regaled you with any mention or photo of my utterly delightful niece, LittleBabyGirl. So neglectful of me as her doting auntie, but on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure that The Brother really wants that many pictures of his darling daughter all over the internet, so I'll try to be selective.Isn't she adorable?!?!?! Of course she is. Happy sigh.

Knitting update. Gracie chose either option 1 or 3. I had both patterns and yarns all ready to go so not a moment would be lost when the decision was rendered. I chose the third option, pulled out the Jaeger Siena and was off. Actually, I turned out to be off pattern and not off to the races. The deceptively simple 4 row repeat soundly kicked my arse and after three separate start-overs, I declared it "not meant to be". Three strikes and you're on permanent time out.

I pulled out the yarn for Option 1 (which turns out to be "Lyndon Hill" and not "Bristol". Memory, it seems, really is the first thing to go). I was delighted by the discovery as I think the Pima Cotton/ Silk blend will be much better suited for a late July baby than one of alpaca/ silk. The pattern is as heavenly as the yarn and, by repeat count I am 1/3 of the way through!

No comments: