Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Plan B

Hey Flan,

So somehow I thought that with a transcontinental journey, I would somehow warp the space/time continuum. Somehow, the SEVEN Christmas projects I needed to work on would get done by space warping, creating eight of me- one to drive and seven to knit- all whilst speeding up my general knitting rate until it fit in to the time allotted.

However, it seems the general fabric of space and time chose not to follow my plan. This means the knitting is NOWHERE near where it should be. To top it all off, I am so tired and on the brink of illness I have COMPLETELY STOPPED CARING.

Yup, don't care any more. I'm seeing YOU later this week! BIG HORAY!
However, do you think I could find the needles that I need to pick up around the neck for your supersecretproject?
Nope.
Do you think I could get The Mommy's Cardigan out of the bag and slog along the body- straight stockinette which should be good for illness?
Nope.
I have ONE legwarmer for The Sister completed. I had her try it on to see if she liked it. She did. Now I have the other one to do. Think I can be bothered?
Not in the slightest.

What am I working on? A Swallotail Shawl for LittleBabyGirl to be wrapped in while christened. I decided non-white was better than white, so it's indigo. Very pretty, very soft Malabrigo lace. The thing is... THEY DON'T HAVE A DATE FOR THE CHRISTENING. It could happen at any point - or at NO point. CHRISTMAS, on the other hand, has a definite date.

PLAN B:
Have decided to warp the space/time continuum my own self. Have decided to deny that Christmas has a definite date and am going to classify it in the "wedding" category. According to Emily Post, a person has a year after the wedding in which to give the gift.

I will have 364 days from this December 25 to get this year's gifts completed and they will STILL not be late. At some point during the next year, mysterious packages wrapped in holiday paper will arrive at their destination, hopefully bringing joy and really "keeping Christmas throughout the year". Merry Christmas! It's July and here's some Wool! Festive, no?

1 comment:

Beckett said...

Actually, that thing about the wedding presents turns out to be a myth. I looked it up recently in Emily Post.

But plan B sounds like a good one to me.

Ellen