Monday, March 10, 2008

Popping In

Kathleen-
I'm dropping in to say that I'm not dead yet! After day 1.5 of the 2 week meetings of doom (characterized by really long, unpredictable days spent sitting in a meeting room), I asked my bosses if I could try knitting during the times that I wasn't presenting. Given the hours, my concentration had been lagging consistently in the after dinner hours, and we'd still have 4 hours left to go.

They agreed to let me try, and see if it would bother anyone. Needless to say, I jumped on the chance. As a result, I have actual knitting content! This is where I was last night on my Central Park Hoodie:
With a closer look at the texture:
Its scrunched up on the needles, so you may not be able to tell that it's all in one piece to the armholes. I got a couple more inches done in today's round of meetings, and I'm about to split for the fronts and back. Oh! The yarn used...Dream in Color Classy in Blue Lagoon. It may be a non-hoodie in the end, I'm debating a nice wide collar.

Other random photos since I last blogged:Valentine's Day tulips...

Dusk at the cabin on our quick weekend getaway a while ago....

I'm back to work for the evening. I'll emerge after St. Patrick's Day when the meeting craziness abates.

No comments: